10 Ways to Lose Visceral Fat in Your Abdomen : Trimming your midriff helps you live longer and looks amazing. Larger waistlines increase heart disease, diabetes, and cancer risk. Weight loss, especially belly fat, improves blood vessel function and sleep.Dieting cannot target belly fat. However, Kerry Stewart, Ed.D., director of Clinical and Research Physiology at Johns Hopkins, says that losing weight will not only shrink your waistline but also reduce visceral fat, which is invisible but dangerous.
10 Ways to Lose Visceral Fat in Your Abdomen
1.Try curbing carbs instead of fats.
- After six months on a low-carbohydrate diet with the same number of calories, Johns Hopkins researchers found that those on a low-carb diet lost 28.9 pounds, compared to 18.7 pounds on a low-fat diet. Stewart believes the low-carb diet generated better weight reduction.
- Weight reduction reduces fat but also muscle, which is bad. Both diets lost 2–3 pounds of healthy lean tissue and fat, but the low-carb diet lost more fat.
2.Think eating plan, not diet.
- Stewart recommends sticking to a healthy diet. Low-carb includes learning to eat healthier, not tracking calories.
- Low-carb diets emphasize high-fiber, high-protein meals like vegetables, legumes, and healthy meats over problem foods like bread, bagels, and soda.
- Exercise burns belly fat. Stewart: “One of the biggest benefits of exercise is that you get a lot of bang for your buck on body composition.
- He says exercise burns belly fat because it lowers insulin levels, which tell the body to store fat, and causes the liver to use up fatty acids, especially those near visceral fat deposits.
- Your weight loss objectives determine how much exercise you require. This usually means 30–60 minutes of moderate to strenuous activity most days.
- Adding even moderate strength training to aerobic exercise helps build lean muscle mass, which causes you to burn more calories throughout the entire day, both at rest and during exercise.
5.Become a label reader.
- Brand comparison. Stewart adds some yogurts claim to be reduced in fat yet have more carbs and added sugars.
- Gravy, mayonnaise, sauces, and salad dressings are heavy in fat and calories.
6.Move away from processed foods.
- Packaged products and snack meals often contain trans fats, added sugar, and salt or sodium, which make weight loss harder.
7.Focus on the way your clothes fit more than reading a scale.
- Your bathroom scale may not alter much as you gain muscle and lose fat, but your jeans will loosen.
- That shows improvement better. To lower heart and diabetes risks, women should have a waistline under 35 inches and men under 40 inches.
8.Hang out with health-focused friends.
- Research shows that you’re more apt to eat better and exercise more if your friends and family are doing the same.
If you like this article about 10 Ways to Lose Visceral Fat in Your Abdomen then you can share this info with your loved ones.