6 Foods That Are High in Cholesterol: Cholesterol is a type of waxy fat that is found in all of your cells. This chemical is made by your liver and helps your cells stay healthy. It is also used to make hormones and vitamins. When you eat foods that come from animals, your body makes more cholesterol.
There are two main types of cholesterol: “bad” cholesterol, which is called LDL, and “good” cholesterol, which is called HDL. There’s no harm in eating some cholesterol, but your body makes all the cholesterol you need, so you don’t need to get any from the food you eat.
6 Foods That Are High in Cholesterol
It was suggested by experts that you eat as little dietary cholesterol as possible. A lot of cholesterol can be bad for your body, especially your heart, because it flows through your blood. Having a lot of “bad” cholesterol can make you more likely to get heart disease or a stroke. If you have too much LDL cholesterol in your body, it can build up on the walls of your blood vessels and cause plaque.
A buildup of this stuff makes the blood vessels narrow. This stops the body’s blood from flowing normally, which could lead to a heart attack or other issues. Because of this, health professionals say that you should eat less than 300 milligrams of dietary cholesterol every day.
- A lot of people think that eggs are one of the worst foods for getting cholesterol.
- About 186 milligrams of cholesterol are found in one egg, which is more than half of the daily recommended amount.
- The yolk has all of that cholesterol.
- Another food that is high in cholesterol is cheese.
- There are 18.7 milligrams of cholesterol in 21 grams of Monterey Jack cheese, which is one slice.
- A little cheese here and there won’t hurt, but a lot of it can quickly become a major source of cholesterol.
- Even though shrimp are low in fat, they have a lot of cholesterol.
- Four ounces of shrimp has 170 milligrams of cholesterol in it.
- That’s more than half of what you should eat every day.
4. Meats from Organs
- People know that organ meats like liver are full of vitamins and other good things for you.
- Being low in cholesterol makes them a great part of many diets, but not for people who are trying to lose weight.
- 333 milligrams of cholesterol are in 3 ounces of beef liver.
5. Fish to eat
- Like shrimp, sardines are a great way to get a lot of cholesterol from seafood.
- More than an ounce of sardines at once is easy to eat.
- One ounce has up to 40 milligrams of cholesterol.
6. Quick food
- This is because most fast food is high in fried fats and usually has some kind of animal product in it, which can raise your cholesterol.
- Many studies have found that eating at fast food restaurants often raises cholesterol and might even lower “good” cholesterol rates.
If you like this Aritcle about 6 Foods That Are High in Cholesterol please share this Aritcle with your friends and family members.