CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE : In light of the fact that my family adores both my soft peanut butter cookies and my Nutella peanut butter cookies, I made the decision to develop a chocolate version of this favorite. Changing out some of the flour for cocoa powder was a simple and straightforward way to accomplish this task. Yummy, chocolate peanut butter flavor, and nice and soft texture all at the same time!
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE
Why we love these
This is my favorite dough. Not only is it a simple recipe, but it also comes together really well. This recipe incorporates a small amount of chocolate with the peanut butter, which results in an incredible flavor.
Ingredients for this recipe
- 1/2 cup shortening or butter flavored shortening (you can substitute butter but the texture may be a little different)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa (measure by scoop and sweep, do NOT pack into cup)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
Making Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Put the oven on to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the peanut butter, brown sugar, shortening, milk, and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl and mix them together. The mixture should be well mixed using an electric mixer set to medium speed.
- Put in the egg. Blend until completely combined.
- Flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda should be mixed together. Blend in at a slow speed to the whipped mixture. Blend until completely combined.
- The cookies should be dropped onto an ungreased insulated baking sheet at a distance of two inches, using generous tablespoons (a cookie scoop works fine).
- Using the tines of the fork, slightly flatten the mixture in a crisscross manner.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Let the baking sheet cool for two minutes. After the cookies have cooled completely, remove them to wire cooling racks.