Lemon Raspberry Bars Recipe: This simple recipe for lemon raspberry bars is a favorite among the members of the family. For summer get-togethers and potlucks, these bars are the ideal treat to bring your guests.
Lemon Raspberry Bars Recipe
It is less than a week till the Fourth of July, which is soon to arrive. You don’t need to search any farther if you are seeking for a dessert that will impress your family and friends during the summer. The lemon raspberry bars that you are about to consume are going to blow everyone away! The bars are stunning and simple to prepare, but don’t tell anyone about them because we are trying to wow you during this holiday season:)
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Zest of one lemon
For the filling:
- 2 large egg yolks
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk (fat free works too)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a baking dish measuring 8 inches by 8 inches with cooking spray. Put aside for later.
- Blend the graham cracker crumbs, butter that has been melted, sugar, and lemon zest together in a basin of medium size. To ensure that the graham cracker crumbs are wet, stir them. Once the pan has been prepped, press the crumbs into it, making sure to press the crust mixture up to one inch from the side of the pan. Let it bake for ten minutes. Take the dish out of the oven and let it cool when it reaches room temperature.
- Once the crust has cooled, mix the egg yolks and condensed milk together until they are thoroughly combined. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice, and stir to combine. Stir the mixture well until it starts to get somewhat thicker. Combine the raspberries in a gentle manner. Make sure to fold the raspberries carefully so that they do not shatter.
- After spreading the graham cracker crust out, pour the lemon raspberry filling in a uniform layer. Bake for fifteen minutes, or until the center is just beginning to set.
- Once it has reached room temperature, place it in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. In order to serve, cut into bars. For up to five days, bars should be stored in the refrigerator.
- It is important to use fresh raspberries and to ensure that the berries are gently folded into the lemon filling; else, you will end up with pink bars.