Glazed Old Fashioned Buttermilk Doughnut Bundt Cake Recipe: If you are a fan of traditional donuts, then you are going to absolutely adore this Glazed Old Fashioned Buttermilk Donut Cake. Not only is it delicate and delightfully moist, but it is also topped with a simple and tasty glaze, and it tastes incredible!
Glazed Old Fashioned Buttermilk Doughnut Bundt Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups oat flour (*see note)
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 to 6 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using non-stick baking spray, spray a bundt pan with the spray. Following the addition of a little dusting of flour, shake off any excess. Make room for
- The dry ingredients should be mixed together in a large mixing basin using a whisk. Make room for
- Prepare the wet ingredients by whisking them together in a different medium bowl. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones until they are just incorporated; make sure not to overmix the mixture.
- After the pan has been prepped, pour the batter into it and bake it for forty-five to fifty minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the middle of the cake comes out clean without any wet batter clinging to it. 15 minutes should be spent with the pan placed on a cooling rack.
- After placing the cake on a cooling rack or a platter, carefully turn it over so that the rough edge is facing upward. This will ensure that the cake is finished. Allow to totally cool down.
- Using a whisk, combine the sugar, vanilla extract, and water to create a glaze that is smooth and pourable.
- The glaze should be brushed liberally all over the cake once it has cooled, and if necessary, you should go over the cake more than once. As it sits, the glaze will become more solid.