World’s Most Expensive Whisky Rare 1926 Macallan Is Priced At $2.7 Million; Know It’s Specialty:- After being sold at an auction in London for $2.7 million, a bottle of The Macallan 1926 became the most expensive bottle of whisky in the world. This record was established by the selling of the bottle. At a Sotheby’s auction that took place on Saturday (November 18), the single malt whisky, which is considered to be one of the most sought-after bottles of Scotch whisky in the world, was sold for a record-breaking figure.
World’s Most Expensive Whisky Rare 1926 Macallan Is Priced At $2.7 Million; Know It’s Specialty
There is a new record for the “oldest vintage.”
- It was anticipated that the uncommon bottle would bring in between $934,275 and $1.49 million, but it ended up fetching a staggering $2.7 million, which is more than twice as much as its projected price.
- In a statement to the news agency AFP, Sotheby’s stated that the sale established a “new record for any bottle of spirit or wine sold at auction.”
- Macallan’s oldest vintage ever released is the Adami 1926, which was bottled in 1926.
- It is also important to note that this is not the first time that a Macallan 1926 bottle has sold at an auction for a price that has broken the record for the highest amount ever.
- The previous record for the most expensive bottle ever sold was established in 2019 when one of the Macallan 1926 bottles was sold for a staggering $1.86 million.
- This bottle achieved the highest price ever recorded for a bottle.
When it comes to whisky, what makes it so unique?
- In an interview with AFP, Jonny Fowle, who is the head of whiskey at Sotheby’s, stated that he had been given the opportunity to try the priceless dram before to its sale.
- “I tasted a tiny drop – a tiny drop – of this,” Fowle described the experience. It is really rich, and as you could guess, it has a lot of dried fruit, a lot of spice, and a lot of wood.
- In addition, he mentioned that it had been stored in dark European wood for sixty years, which was reflected in the color. It is not a whisky that should be judged lightly. It is a great dram, despite the fact that it is so rich,” Fowle added.
- According to the legend, the whisky was aged in sherry casks made of dark wood for about sixty years before it was finally bottled in 1986 as one of just forty such bottles.
- On the other hand, not all of them were available for purchase because some of them were reserved for The Macallan’s most valued customers.
In Moray, which is located in northern Scotland, the Macallan distillery may be found.
- Prior to the auction that took place a month ago, Fowle had stated that “The Macallan 1926 is the one whisky that every auctioneer wants to sell and every collector wants to own.”
- As stated by Sotheby’s, the labels of the forty bottles that were taken from the 1926 barrel are distinct from one another.
- The labels on two of the bottles were missing, while the labels on about fourteen bottles were embellished with the well-known Fine and Rare labels, and twelve bottles were marked by the pop artist Sir Peter Blake.
- Between the years 2018 and 2019, the record has been broken three times by three of the different variations: Sir Peter Blake, Michael Dillon, and Fine and Rare. This is the most recent instance of this happening.
- It is one of the twelve bottles of Macallan 1926 that were designed by the Italian painter Valerio Adami in 1993.
- This particular bottle is one of the twelve.
Furthermore, it is thought that out of all of these bottles, only one has been opened and drunk, while another bottle is supposed to have been destroyed during the earthquake that occurred in Japan in 2011, and the remaining bottle is not known to exist.
If you like this article about World’s Most Expensive Whisky Rare 1926 Macallan Is Priced At $2.7 Million; Know It’s Specialty Please share this article wit your friends and family members.