Banana Pudding Icebox Cake Recipe: In the event that we simply cannot get enough of our favorite banana pudding, we transform it into a cake that can be cut into slices. Because it is difficult to get quick banana pudding mix in New York, we decided to use vanilla instead. When you consider that there are a great deal of bananas in the cake, it truly does not make a difference! There is no need to worry about substituting banana pudding if it is available in your region.
Banana Pudding Icebox Cake Recipe
- 6.8 ounces (2 boxes) instant banana cream pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 16 ounces container whipped topping (Cool Whip) You can purchase one large (16 ounce) tub or two smaller (8 ounce) tubs.
- 3 sleeves graham crackers
- fresh banana slices, for garnish
- Put the banana cream pudding mix and the milk into a big bowl, whisk them together until they are completely blended, and then continue to whisk them until they begin to thicken, which should take about a minute.
- Add one container of whipped topping, which is eight ounces in volume. Put aside for later.
- Put a quarter of the graham crackers into the bottom of a baking dish that measures 9 inches by 13 inches. You might have to break apart some of the graham crackers in order to make room for them.
- A baking dish that is 9 inches by 13 inches should have a fourth of the graham crackers placed in the bottom of the dish. In order to create room for them, it is possible that you will need to make some of the graham crackers into smaller pieces.
- The pudding mixture should be spread out on top, and ⅛ of it should be added. Repeat the process two more times.
- A final layer of the graham crackers should be placed on top. A handful of little bits will be left over when you have finished. If you want to use them as a garnish, keep them.
- It is important to ensure that none of the graham crackers are exposed by spreading out the remaining container of whipped topping. Place the dish in the refrigerator for at least six hours, during which time it should be covered with plastic wrap.
- The finished product can be sliced and served after being topped with some of the crushed leftover graham crackers and fresh banana slices, if preferred.