Brown Sugar Bourbon Icebox Pie Recipe: There is a lot of pillowy whipped bourbon mousse that is packed into a dark chocolate crumb crust and topped with more dark chocolate in this recipe for Brown Sugar Bourbon Icebox Pie. This is a very grownup treat that has the potential to be the best no bake dessert ever.
Brown Sugar Bourbon Icebox Pie Recipe
- 3/4 of a package of Nabisco Famous Wafers (If you’re using pre-made crumbs, it will be 1 1/2 cups of crumbs)
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3.4 ounce package Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix.
- 1 1/2 cup cold heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 4 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- dark chocolate curls
- A pie plate measuring 9 inches should be lightly sprayed.
- Compress the wafers using a rolling pin or a food processor, whichever you like. Be sure to get them in a good and healthy condition.
- Toss the crumbs with the melted butter until they are thoroughly combined. Measure out one and a half cups of the crumbs. For the purpose of ensuring that the crumbs are uniformly distributed and firmly patted down, I like to use the bottom of a metal cup measure to assist me in pressing them into the nine-inch pie plate. Bring to a close.
- After whipping one cup of the cream, set it aside.
- Stirring the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved, combine the bourbon and brown sugar in a blender. You might want to give it a few minutes to sit before proceeding. After that, combine that with the remaining fraction of a cup of cream.
- Combine the pudding mix with the cream that has been flavored with bourbon. To allow it to thicken, whisk it for a period of two minutes. The whipped cream should be folded in until there are no streaks left. To see whether that helps, you might give the mixture a light whisking.
- Place the filling within the crust, and if necessary, smooth down the surface of the filling. When ready to serve, place in the refrigerator for six hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings or curls on top as a garnish.