Nutella Banana Bread Recipe: As a result of the thick swirls of chocolate-hazelnut spread, this banana bread is undoubtedly more fitting for dessert than breakfast. Although browning the butter might appear to be a bit of a hassle, it is absolutely worth the time and work that it takes. The resulting flavor, which is toasty and warm, does an excellent job of complementing the creamy spread and the sweet bananas. After all, the French word for brown butter is “beurre noisette,” which literally translates to “hazelnut butter.” French is the language of the French.
Nutella Banana Bread Recipe
- ½cup/113 grams unsalted butter (1 stick), plus more for greasing the pan
- 2cups/256 grams all-purpose flour, plus more for flouring the pan
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- ¾teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½cups/310 grams mashed bananas, from about 3 medium bananas
- ⅔cup/134 grams granulated sugar
- ¼cup/57 grams plain Greek yogurt
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓cup/99 grams chocolate-hazelnut spread, like Nutella
- Prepare the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees. Butter and flour a loaf pan measuring 9 inches by 5 inches by 3 inches.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt by stirring them together.
- Brown butter is made by melting butter in a saucepan of light hue over a heat setting of medium. While the butter is cooking, use a rubber spatula to scrape the bottom and sides of the pan on occasion. Continue doing this until the butter gets a deep golden brown color and has a nutty aroma. In the course of this procedure, you should not move away from the pan. After only a few moments, the butter will transition from being browned and nutty to being acrid and burned. After transferring the butter to a big mixing basin that is safe for heat, allow it to slightly cool down.
- The mashed bananas, sugar, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla extract should be added to the butter after it has had some time to cool down. The flour mixture should be added after the mixture has been thoroughly mixed and stirred until it is just incorporated. Take care not to overmix.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan that has been prepped, and then use a knife or an offset spatula to spread it out evenly. To incorporate the chocolate-hazelnut spread into the batter, use a toothpick or skewer to swirl it into the batter. Spoon half of the spread in numerous dollops over the top. Proceed to spoon and spread the remaining batter over the top, and then proceed to dollop the remaining spread on top of that. Once the spread has been incorporated into the bread, bake it for 55 to 60 minutes, or until it has a golden brown color and a toothpick that has been pushed into the center comes out clean.