Strawberry Icebox Cake Recipe: This Strawberry Icebox Cake is so incredibly delicious and simple to make that I don’t even know where to begin recommending it to you! The only ingredients required to make this no-bake delight are graham crackers, whipped cream, and strawberries.
Strawberry Icebox Cake Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound strawberries sliced
- 7.2 ounces graham crackers 1.5 sleeves
Things You’ll Need
- 9×9 baking pan
- Electric mixer
- Rubber spatula
Before You Begin
- I slice the strawberries while my bowl and beaters for whipping the cream are cooling in the freezer. I am going to whip the cream. If you find yourself unable to resist eating them as I do, it is a good idea to keep some extra on hand. Cream should be whipped until it is frothy and light. Using an electric mixer, this may be accomplished in little than five minutes. At this point, you are prepared to put together.
- A smear of whipped cream should be placed on the bottom of your pan. This will prevent your graham crackers from sliding around while you are attempting to add the following layer. Let’s begin with a thin layer of whipped cream, followed by a single layer of graham crackers. For some of them to fit into the gaps, you will need to cut them.
- Following that, add a layer of whipped cream on top, followed by a layer of cut strawberries before serving. The layers should be repeated from there, culminating in a layer of strawberries that are placed in an attractive manner. Place the dish in the refrigerator for at least four hours or overnight, covering it with plastic wrap. There will be a cake-like texture to the crackers, the strawberries will have contributed their fruity flavor to the cream, and your loved ones and friends will much appreciate your efforts.
- The cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract should be beaten until stiff peaks form, either in a stand mixer or with a hand-held mixer on the counter.
- apply a very thin coating of cream to the base of a square pan measuring 9 inches by 9 inches. The following step is to add a single layer of graham crackers. Apply a third of the whipped cream on top, and then use a spatula to smooth it out. Place one-third of the strawberries in a layer that is uniform. Continue to repeat the layers two more times, culminating with strawberries. In the event that you so wish, arrange the berries in a nice design.
- Refrigerate the dish for at least four hours or overnight before serving, covering it with plastic wrap and allowing it to chill.