Banana Cake with Nutella Frosting Recipe: Banana Cake with Nutella Frosting is a deliciously moist banana layer cake that is created with roasted hazelnuts and covered with a rich chocolaty hazelnut buttercream. It is a delightful dessert that will leave you wanting more.
Banana Cake with Nutella Frosting Recipe
- 3 cups well mashed bananas, about 6 medium bananas
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups ground hazelnuts or hazelnut meal
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 13 oz jar of Nutella
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- Prepare the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray two nonstick cake pans measuring 9 inches in diameter, then line the bottoms of the pans with circles of parchment paper.
- After the sugars and bananas have been thoroughly combined and beaten until smooth, the other wet ingredients should be added and beaten until thoroughly combined. Use a scraper to clean the bowl as required.
- First, add the baking soda and salt to the mixer while it is set at a low speed. Next, add the flour, one cup at a time. Add the hazelnut meal and fold it in. A thorough scraping of the sides and bottom of the bowl is required in order to guarantee that everything is thoroughly absorbed.
- Place the batter into the pans that have been prepared. When a toothpick is placed in the center of the cake, it should come out moist but not with any wet batter sticking to it. Bake for approximately forty to forty-five minutes.
- After allowing the cake to cool for ten minutes in the pan, take it from the pan and allow it to cool entirely on a rack before icing it.
- The cake should be frosted with Nutella after it has cooled.
FOR THE FROSTING:
After creaming the butter, Nutella, sour cream, and vanilla, add the sugar and cocoa powder and continue to whip until combined. Add the heavy cream and mix well. It is important that the frosting be thick and glossy, yet still spreadable. If you want to make it more liquid, you can add a little bit extra cream. A little bit more sugar should be added if you want it to be thicker.It is important to note that you may prepare frosting in your full-sized food processor in an easy approach that results in less mess and quality frosting that is silkier. Simply add everything and process it until it is completely smooth. Make adjustments based on your taste.
Once the cake has cooled, frost it and enjoy!